Rocky Mountain Goat
Goat hunting is done from a spike camp on the Beartooth Plateau in northwestern Wyoming. Wyoming has some of the largest Billie goats anywhere in North America. Horn size of the Billies we have been taking in the past few years is running over 10 inches in length with bases from 5 to 6 1/2 inches. The plateau sports a large goat herd with lots of good trophy class goats to choose from.
Rocky Mtn. GoatCall to book
- World Class Guides working hard to get you World Class Trophies!
Your deposit will be refunded when I have booked another hunter in your position
Hunting Seasons do not vary much from year to year, but please contact us to get confirmation on dates.
- Aug 15 - Oct 30 | Sheep (Depending on area)
- Sep 01 - Oct 30 | Goat
- Sep 19 - Sep 28 | Archery elk
- Nov 06 - Nov 10 | Rifle elk
- Nov 10 - Dec 08 | Late season Elk (depending on area)
- Nov 10 - Dec 31 | Cow Elk (depending on area)
- May 01 - Jun 15 | Spring Black Bear (depending on snow pack)
Wyoming Game & Fish Application Booklets:
- Deer Application
- Moose, Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goat Application
- Antelope Application
- Elk Application
No Licenses Available Check Back Soon
For your hunt you will need:
- Spotting scope (if you have one) your guide will have one.
- Binoculars, (good optics are a must)
- Range finder
- Rifle scope and scope covers
- Small flashlight
- Water bottle
- Hunting license and conservation stamp
- Warm cap
- Heavy coat
- Light coat
- Long underwear
- Good hunting boots and socks
- Wool or “Gore-Tex” type pants
- Any medications you might need
- Camera and Film
- Extra batteries
- Sleeping bag
- Head lamp
- Game bags
ARCHERY HUNTERS WILL NEED:
- Soft case for your bow
- Tools for bow
- Extra string, sight etc.
- Scents, Pine dirt or urine
- Broadheads and field tips
We use lots of wool, polypropylene “Windstopper” and “Gore-Tex” . Remember Cotton Kills.
Your duffle will be in two soft bags: one duffle and one sleeping bag. You MUST keep the weight of your duffle under 40 lbs.
All duffle bags will be weighed before all hunts.